Presenting with Impact
Building the skills and confidence to stand out and be heard
Do you have a presentation due sometime soon? Most employees, at some stage
of their career, will find themselves
needing to speak to a room full of people. Presentations are now an
everyday part of business life and often determine the fate of a
project, idea or sale. To be successful there must be both
an effective presenter and an effective presentation.
Presenting is a skill
that you can learn and improve with practice.
This workshop covers all the elements of successful presentation
preparation and delivery and looks in detail at the most effective
principles and techniques that presenters can employ. Particpants
will return to their work environment feeling more confident and empowered.
- know what is required to structure and effectively deliver a presentation
- be able to determine what they want to achieve from their presentations
and to be able to form clear objectives and outcomes
- be able to determine the style and approach the presentation should
take which will match the nature of the audience
- learn how to prepare and use appropriate visuals and other materials
- learn how to create and effectively use appropriate notes
- know how to encourage and to effectively deal with audience
participation and questions
- be able to effectively handle difficult situations
Typical Course Topics:
- Characteristics of effective presentations
- The four big questions
- The presenters survival kit
- Personal presentation checklist
- The presentation process - Plan, Prepare, Practice, Present
- Knowing your audience to maximise the impact of your presentation
- Organizing the presentation content
- Presentation structures
- Reheasal and preheasal
- The tools of a presenter
- Techniques for releasing presentation nerves
- Getting off to a good start - getting attention
- Anticipating what may be asked and being prepared with an answer
- Tips for multi-cultural presentations
- What your body is saying
- Be prepared for the Q&A session
- Handling difficult situations
- Ending with a BANG!
- Practice, practice and more practice
Please note that this is a typical course outline. Workshops can be
tailored to our clients' specific requirements.
We use a number of training methods on our courses including role-play,
workshops and group exercises.
This is a fast moving workshop with lots of opportunity for practice.
Participants will receive facilitator and peer-to-peer feedback.
This course features our Key Point Cards which provide
delegates with a quick reference back at the workplace.
Who will benefit from this course:
This workshop is designed for those people in your organization who
are responsible for making presentations both within the organization and
Delegates will receive:
- a 'Presenting with Impact Workbook' which can be used as a reference book back at the workplace
- a 'Presentation Planning Workbook'
- a set of our Key Point Cards for Presenting with Impact
Recommended Duration of Course: 2 days
Recommended Number of Delegates: 8
Larger groups can be accommodated on request.
Telephone support is available for all course delegates who
have any questions after an event.
Unlock Your Creativity
What I Meant To Say Was...